Your home is your haven; a place to chill, unwind and socialize with friends and family. The backyard is by far the most favorite and most used part of any house. It is here that kids play; you cook delicious meals on long summer evenings and celebrate parties. So, isn’t it necessary to spruce up your backyard? Let’s look at some amazing landscaping ideas for backyard without costing the sky.
Imagination is the key
To design a perfect loveable and endearing backyard you need not spend a great deal. It is possible even on a shoe string budget if you know what you want. First and foremost let your imagination run wild and your creative juices amok to get those creative landscaping ideas for backyard. No, don’t be shocked, you will be surprised to know that some of the most path breaking innovations have their base in crazy thinking.
Why be a copycat when you can create a unique backyard like no other. When budget is tight you need patience to wait for seasonal sales; hunt for intriguing stuff at thrift stores and take time to consider the various options available to create a pleasing end product. But the hard work is well worth the results.
A few landscaping ideas for backyard
Using some inexpensive and easily available things you can create a beautiful backyard complete with both hardscape and softscape.
- Plants – Place plants in colorful containers on a simple shelf in the backyard and see how they become the focal point. This is a great idea to add color to the backyard.You can use old tea kettles, cookie tins, jars, vases, bowls and colanders to name a few to add that unique zing to your yard.
- Lights –Lights can highlight the backyard aesthetically if used well. There is a wide choice with respect to the shape, size and colors of backyard lights. You can either use string lights that can be wound around the oak tree or draped around the table or long lasting LED path lights or solar powered lights.
- Stepping stones: Any backyard without stepping stones seems incomplete. There are several DIY projects wherein you can cast your own stepping stones and design unique tabletop fountains.
- Elevated garden: Stones often add that rustic look to any backyard. Look out for large stones in local nurseries and landscaping shops where you often get the leftover stones at a discount. Stack a few stones together for that heritage element in the backyard.
- Stone tables: The stone slabs can also be used to create an outdoor dining table, side table or coffee table. In fact it can be converted into a seating area too by topping the slabs with long foam and decorating with colorful cushions.
- Hardscaping: A good landscape is a harmonious blend of greenery and some inanimate things like stone, wood, tiles and rocks. You can opt for low costing gravel or crushed rock to create a casual look in the outdoor seating area.
Imagination is the limit where landscaping ideas for backyard are concerned. Be assured a great landscape is possible even on a skimpy budget.